dbExpress is a database-independent layer that defines common interface to provide fast access and high performance database connectivity to SQL Server from Delphi and C++Builder on Windows for both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms.
For this server dbExpress provides a driver as an independent library that implements the common dbExpress interface for processing queries and stored procedures. As data-access layer is thin and simple dbExpress provides high performance database connectivity and is easy to deploy.
dbExpress driver for SQL Server provides access to SQL Server database. It works using high performance Microsoft OLE DB technologies. The driver requires OLE DB installed on the workstation.
dbExpress driver for SQL Server is a cross-IDE solution for application development in RAD Studio, Delphi and C++Builder for both x86 and x64 Windows platforms.
Key features of dbExpress drivers:
* RAD Studio XE5 support
* Win64 development support
* Direct data access
* High performance
* All data types support
* Extended options for advanced behaviour
* Ability of monitoring query execution with dbMonitor
* Source code available
* Licensed per a developer without royalty fee IDE
* Embarcadero RAD Studio XE5
* Embarcadero RAD Studio XE4
* Embarcadero RAD Studio XE3
* Embarcadero RAD Studio XE2
* Embarcadero RAD Studio XE
* Embarcadero RAD Studio 2010
* CodeGear C++Builder 2009
* CodeGear RAD Studio 2007
* Turbo Delphi Professional
* Turbo Delphi for .NET Professional
* Turbo C++ Professional
* Borland Developer Studio 2006
* Borland Delphi 2005
* Borland Delphi 7
* Borland Delphi 6
* Borland C++Builder 6