Barcode Generator Mac OS X creates high resolution barcode EPS and TIFFs. All common linear and 2D barcode symbologies are supported. Print directly to a printer or typesetter or export the barcodes to the clipboard or into a file.
The software will create Code UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN 13, EAN 8, ISBN, ISSN, Bookland, Code 39, Extended 39, Code 128 ABC, Code 128 UCC / EAN, Codabar, Postnet, Codefamily 2/5 and the 2D Barcodes PDF417, Datamatrix.
The software comes in two editions: The standard edition at US$ 79.95 creates all linear ('normal') barcodes like EAN, UPC, Bookland etc. This edition will be sufficient for most user. In addition, the enterprise edition from US$ 249 will also create the 2D barcode PDF417 and Datamatrix.
New in V2.4:
- Added a dedicated dialog for output options
- Added FAQ to manual
- New output options: JPEG and PNG
New in V2.3:
- BarcodeGenerator is now fully scriptable. We provide free sample scripts that demonstrate how to automate the creation of barcodes. Also a script for the generation of sequential barcodes (e.g. for serial numbers) is provided.
- Drag / Drop is now supported. Simply drag the barcode from the preview to the target application.
New in V2.2:
- Output to EPS is now available. The resulting EPS files don't contain embedded fonts or references to external fonts. It's therefore much easier to transfer the generated barcodes to other Macs or PCs without licensing or encoding issues.
New in V2.1:
- A dedicated, simplified option to create ISBN / Bookland codes has been added. The software will now put the ISBN above the barcode. Also pricing information can be included above the code.
- All settings (barcode type, parameters, data to encode etc.) are now stored in the application preferences.
- Some issues with 10.3 (Panther) have been resolved.