Aquatica engine may be used to simplify the implementation of photorealistic water surfaces in applications with DirectX9 graphics.
Key features of the engine:
- Water surface approximation using heightmaps.
- Heightmaps can be generated in realtime using FFT or Perlin noise.
- Generation of normalmaps
- Generation of geometry: simple grid, geomipmap grid, radial grid
- Water rendering options include: reflections, refractions, CPU/GPU vertex displacement, foam rendering, sunlight reflection rendering, depth effects.
- 4 DirectX9 based rendering engines are available for different types of hardware, starting with DirectX7 and up to Shader Model 3.0
MagicIndie Softworks offers a completely free editor which may be used in first instance to view the capabilities of the engine and in second instance to export water states to files, so that you can easily import them in your graphics application using Aquatica engine source code.
Aquatica engine commercial license is only 15$.
More details and the free editor at product home page: www.MagicIndie.com