TaskRunner is a systray app... it sits in your Windows SysTray (next to the clock) and performs various tasks based on how you configure it. It includes three main modules:
1) Task Scheduler: Allows you schedule all kinds of tasks to run at defined times. It includes built-in email/pop-up/sound notifications, so you can receive notifications when the task completes and/or fails. Tasks include:
· Run an Executable or Open a File
· Backup files locally or to an FTP server
· Delete files locally or on an FTP server
· Download files from a website or an FTP server
· Perform System Cleanup (Deletes Temp Internet Files, Desktop Files/Icons, Recycle Bin files, etc)
· Reminder Notifications (Pop-up or Email)
· Send an Email (with optional attachments)
· Ping an IP (to check if your website goes down or to validate connectivity)
· Log Off/Stand By/Restart/Shutdown your PC
2) Email Monitor: Checks your POP/IMAP email accounts an lets you know when you have new messages. You can open your email client directly from the Email Monitor. Also checks Gmail POP and Yahoo POP (if you have them enabled in your Gmail/Yahoo account).
3) Web Search: Search tool that you can open with the touch of a button (configurable in the TaskRunner options). Allows you to search various search engines (Google, Live, Yahoo, etc) as well as various Google functions (Froogle, Maps, Define, etc) plus News and Shopping sites... all in one place.