You'll be amazed by this new version of Skat! Skat is played by three or more players and was developed in Altenburg, Germany at the beginning of the 19th century. It was developed out of earlier card games and has grown to be the most popular German card game. Today, it is played worldwide.
This version is an expansion Rasche`s Skat 5.0.
A particular focus of development was an improvement in the playing routines to produce stronger computer opponents. While our earlier versions of Skat 2.0 and 3.0 received good reviews (Press Reports), we have substantially improved the play of our 8 "Professional"Routines in this version.
What is new?
* Simulated players can break off games early.
* Name of right-hand player is consistent with those in Doppelkopf and Sheepshead (only applies to Macintosh version)
* Users of versions4.0 and V5.0 can also register although not all levels of play are available.
* Support for two new card faces.
* In Skat, the display of hands in "Open" games has been changed for Practice Mode. If none of the card windows for the other players has been opened manually, then only the cards of the soloist opponent are displayed. The other opponent's cards can be manually displayed, however.
* When playing without the story, six different playing rooms are available as a background motive. Further ones alternative background are also possible.
* More information about the ending of the story.
* Improved user help functions, which help the inexperienced user automatically with the play with story, if they don`t eat or drink.